Tuscany has always been a land of cyclists, rich in landscapes that vary continuously: from the Apuan Alps to Versilia, from the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines to the south in Maremma, passing through the Island of Elba a paradise for bikers with breathtaking views.
Discover the best routes
1. Via Franchigena with fifteen stages to discover, 38 municipalities crossed and a length of 380 km the Via Franchigena is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating and important routes in Tuscany. In the past the route was not only used for religious purposes but people used to make the journey "slow" to interact with the communities that touched the Via Franchigena. Among the most beautiful stretches to go we point out San Miniato - Gambassi Terme (24km) considered particularly impressive, because it winds through the hills of Val d'Elsa offering breathtaking views. Do not miss the Terme di Gambassi famous for its thermal waters where you can relax and then get back on the saddle.
2. Via degli Dei is a hiking path that connects Bologna and Florence passing through the Apennines, the way traces the paths used in the Middle Ages for communication between Bologna and Florence. The route along between 110 and 120 km depending on the road that you follow, passes through many places of natural interest and landscape. To follow the route we recommend theuse of MTB because some passages cross mountain paths mixed with dirt roads with different levels of difficulty to tackle.
Usually the trip lasts two days. We recommend that you take the route well trained and with suitable equipment.
3. Permanent Heroic Path develops for 209 km in the heart of the Lands of Siena passing through the Chianti, the Crete Senesi and the Val d'Orcia passes among the most beautiful landscapes that the world envies us.
The route is characterized by the continuous passage from asphalt roads to dirt roads with a total elevation gain of 3800 meters.
The journey of the route can start from any point of the route.
Each contracted exercise is recognized as the starting point and arrival point of the circuit and consequently authorized to issue the Stamps.
The stamps are used to compile the Road Book which certifies the passage from the 5 control zones of the circuit: Chianti - Siena and Val d'Arbia - Montalcino - Val d'Asso - Crete Senesi.
The route can be done throughout the year and with any bike.
4. Elba Island by bike is characterized by steep climbs, steep descents overlooking the sea and a succession of breathtaking views in contact with nature and surrounded by the sea.
Everyone can discover the Island by bike: by mountain bike in the wooded paths, with the racing bike following the paths of the mule tracks.
The different itineraries allow you to come across paths always different making every excursion never equal to the other
5. Ciclovia dell'Arno runs entirely in Tuscany in the provinces of Arezzo, Florence and Pisa, the route has many traits of natural, historical, artistic and cultural interest.
The first stretch of the route with places such as Stia and San Giovanni Valdarno, Figline, Incisa and Pontassieve stands out for great natural attractions and landscapes. Florence and Pisa bring cyclists directly to the heart of the most famous art cities in the world.
The total length is about 270 km and is one of the most beautiful bike routes in Italy.
6. Val d'Orcia If you decide to visit Tuscany by bike, don’t forget to visit this part of the region , that has inspired writers, poets and artists by virtue of the vast sparsely populated territory, cycling through its famous villages including Montalcino and Pienza to reach the vineyards of Brunello di Montalcino.
7. Maremma offers numerous routes to discover this fantastic part of Tuscany with multiple itineraries suitable for all types of bicycles. This part of Tuscany is full of breathtaking landscapes, long paths, thick woods that cross the Mediterranean scrub with many ups and downs, until you find beautiful medieval villages and views overlooking the sea where there are the famous coves and beautiful cliffs overlooking the sea.
In Maremma you can ride on over 30 routes to discover riding your bike one of the most beautiful territories in Italy between sea and pristine beaches.
Leaving for a bike trip requires adequate athletic preparation and a basic mechanical knowledge to be prepared to solve problems on your bike that may happen during the trip. With consigli<< of our mechanics you can leave quietly.
Tuscany : Everywhere beautiful /p>